KS2 Experienced Teacher
Balsall Common Primary School Academy
Lead school of the Central Schools Trust
Mr G T Burgess MA
Balsall Common Primary School
Balsall Street East
Tel: 01676 532254
Web Site: www. centralschoolstrust.co.uk/
KS2 Experienced Teacher; September 2018 start
Salary according to STPCD
Job Description and Person Specification
- To work in Years 3, 4, 5 or 6
- A proven track record of high performance in Years 3, 4, 5 or 6, leading to high outcomes for these pupils
- To have demonstrated outstanding practice when in the role as a classroom teacher
- Appointments will be offered for schools within the trust
- With regard to this appointment, the successful candidate will be part of the KS2 team and will be based at Balsall Common Primary School
This role will include planning and leading lessons in Years 3, 4, 5 or 6. There will be a heavy focus on:
- Outcomes for these pupils at the end of each Year
- Identifying what work needs to be done to ensure that all pupils reach Age Related Expectations and that a large proportion of them reach Greater Depth in Reading, Writing, SPAG and maths, including those with special needs
- Working with the UKS2 staff to create a highly effective team
- Keeping the senior leaders regularly updated with pupil progress
- Enjoy working with children
- Be a good team player with a positive outlook and a sense of humour
- Able to provide a firm, yet nurturing, environment for the children
- Determined to help the children to achieve to the very best of their ability
- Understand how emotional well-being impacts on achievement
- Have high standards and expectations of all
- Be a good team player with a positive outlook
- Possess energy, enthusiasm, resilience and a pro-active nature
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Show a willingness to try out new approaches and embrace changes
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire others
- Demonstrate superb interpersonal communication skills
- Be innovative, creative and a strategic thinker
- Have the ability to analyse data effectively to identify and track the progress of vulnerable groups/children
This post is being offered in order to improve further the already high standard within this outstanding school.
Information about the Trust
Valuing and developing staff are key priorities. We want to work with highly motivated teachers who have a proven track record, or would like to develop a proven track record, of high outcomes for all children. We care about recruiting the right people, and about retaining them.
Consequently, we have:
- a clear plan for developing employees through an Employee Development Programme, which sets clear guidelines for career advancement from entry level to coordinator, manager and director positions
- a package that offers employee benefits
- a well-being package to support staff emotionally and physically.
The support received from within our organisation will help to develop skills and foster experience which can be used as a stepping stone for future career advancement.
Further details about this post can be found on our website www.centralschoolstrust.co.uk/vacancies/ or by contacting Maggie McPherson on email@example.com, to whom completed applications should be returned.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Friday 27th April, 2018- Midday