Experienced or Newly Qualified KS1 Teacher
Central Schools Trust
Balsall Common Primary School Academy &
Damson Wood Infants and Nursery Academy
Balsall Common Primary School
Balsall Street East
Coventry CV7 7FS
Tel: 01676 532254
Web Site: www. centralschoolstrust.co.uk
Required for a September 2020 start
Salary according to STPCD
The Governors and Chief Executive Officer are seeking to appoint a teacher to join our team at Central Schools Trust comprising of Balsall Common Primary School Academy and Damson Wood Nursery &Infant School Academy.
Purpose of the role
• To work in KS1
• A proven track record of high performance, leading to high outcomes for these pupils, or for NQTs, successful teaching practice reports during training
• To have demonstrated outstanding practice when in the role as a classroom teacher
• Enjoy working with children
• Be a good team player with a positive outlook and a sense of humour
• Able to provide a firm, yet nurturing, environment for the children
• Determined to help the children to achieve to the very best of their ability
• Understand how emotional well-being impacts on achievement
• Have high standards and expectations of all
• Be a good team player with a positive outlook
• Possess energy, enthusiasm, resilience and a pro-active nature
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Show a willingness to try out new approaches and embrace changes
• Be able to lead, motivate and inspire others
• Demonstrate superb interpersonal communication skills
• Be innovative, creative and a strategic thinker
• Have the ability to analyse data effectively to identify and track the progress of vulnerable groups/children
• Appointments will be offered for schools within the Trust
• With regard to this appointment, there is one post available in each of the schools so the successful candidate could be part of the teaching team at either Damson Wood Infant & Nursery School or Balsall Common Primary School
Information about the Trust
Valuing and developing staff are key priorities. We want to work with highly motivated teachers who have a proven track record, or would like to develop a proven track record, of high outcomes for all children. We care about recruiting the right people, and about retaining them.
Consequently, we have:
• a clear plan for developing employees through an Employee Development Programme, which sets clear guidelines for career advancement from entry level to coordinator, manager and director positions
• a package that offers employee benefits
• a well-being package to support staff emotionally and physically.
The support received from within our organisation will help to develop skills and foster experience which can be used as a stepping stone for future career advancement.
Additional information and how to apply
The unprecedented circumstances that we find ourselves in nationally with the Covid-19 outbreak, means we will not be able to show prospective candidates around school. However, we would still welcome anyone interested in the position to contact school to arrange a telephone conversation with the Chief Executive Officer. If you are interested in the position and wish to discuss further, please contact Janet Carlington at email@example.com, who will be pleased to arrange this.
Interviews will be conducted via video link using Microsoft Teams. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date with details of interview date and time.
Central Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be expected to provide two suitable references.
Applications must be on a CST Application Form. CV’s will not be accepted.
Completed application forms are to be returned by email for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 30 May 2020.